University Carlos III Madrid
University Carlos III Madrid (UC3M) in Spain has a strong international focus, a high quality faculty of more than 1.700, and a student body numbering more than 18.000. People involved in meSch are affiliated with the Institute of Culture and Technology or The Computer Science Department. The DEI Lab at the Computer Science Department in particular, is concerned with investigating, developing, and transferring technology in the fields of web engineering, social networks, and novel interaction paradigms.
Role in the project: UC3M will participate in: WP1 co-design; WP3 the design of online user experience; WP4 content personalization and tangible interaction personalization; WP6 installations; WP7 evaluation of onsite and online personalization services and user experience evaluation; WP8 dissemination.
- Antonio Rodríguez de las Heras is full professor at University Carlos III Madrid. He is Director of Institute of Culture and Technology; of Center EducaRed of Advanced Learning (Telefónica); and of the Master on Management of Media Companies (Antena 3 TV). He is consultant to the Regional Governments (Cantabria and Extremadura), Santillana and Fundación Telefónica on topics related to Culture and Media.
- Paloma Díaz is full professor at University Carlos III Madrid, head of the DEI research group and member of Institute of Culture and Technology. She holds a BSc and a PhD in Computer Science from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- Jaime Cubas-López is a member of the Institute of Culture and Technology – University Carlos III Madrid (ICyT). He is Professor and Community Manager at the MBA in Cultural Management and Management of Media Companies (University Carlos III Madrid)
- Ignacio Aedo holds a degree and a PhD in Computer Science from Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. He’s currently full professor at the University Carlos III Madrid (Escuela Politécnica Superior).
- Andrea Bellucci is a postdoc at UC3M. He holds a PhD in Computer Science and Technologies.
- Beatriz Fernández Bonet works on a PhD in Humanities: Ancient History and Archaeology, on technologies to augment cultural heritage in the Institute of Culture and Technology at the University Carlos III Madrid. She graduated in Humanities and holds a Master in Cultural Heritage. Beatriz has experience in archaeological fieldwork and in mounting art exhibitions.
- David Díez was involved in meSch in 2013. He holds a MSc in Computer Science and Technology (2007) and a PhD in Computer Science (2009) from the University Carlos III Madrid. From 1998 to 2005, he worked as software engineering and project manager for different multinationals companies. Currently, he works as an associate professor in the Computer Science Department at the University Carlos III Madrid.