Engaging Spaces – Interpretation, Design and Digital Strategies
meSch will be presenting the following paper at NODEM 2014:
Lars Lischke, Tilman Dingler, Stefan Schneegaß, Merel Van der Vaart, Pawel Wozniak and Albrecht Schmidt. Parallel , Exhibitions: Combining Physical and Virtual Exhibits.
ABOUT NODEM 2014 CONFERENCE
The aim of the conference is to bring together museum and heritage professionals (galleries, archives, libraries and museums), innovation experts (universities, research and technology transfer centres, start-ups) and creative industries to enable discussion on the potential of dialogue and collaborations between architecture, experience design, strategies of interpretation and ICT. The NODEM 2014 Conference intends to reach the following objectives:
– To examine a variety of challenges and opportunities that newly built or renovated museums and other culture-historical institutions are facing to stay competitive in engaging today’s visitors.
– To explore interaction modes between exhibition spaces, interpretative content and digital strategies in the context of visitor engagement at cultural and heritage institutions.
NODEM 2014 Conference is part of the NODEM Nordic Digital Excellence in Museums conference series under the stewardship of Digital Heritage Center, Sweden.
- (Re)creating Spaces of Engaging Experience in Museums and Heritage Sites
- Digital Curating on Interpretation, Learning and Collaboration
- Experience Design Inside/Outside Museums
- Social Media for Creative Expression, Communication and Content
- Strategies in Digital Heritage – Competence Centres, Collaboration, Participation in Museum Innovation, Policies
- Digital Support – Archiving, Documenting, Preservation, Visualization, Recreating Tangible and Intangible Heritage
- Virtual Museum
CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS & PARTNERS
NODEM Network of Design and Digital Heritage
Museum of King Jan III’s Palace at Wilanów
The Museum of the History of Polish Jews
The Museum Educators Forum
Adam Mickiewicz University – The Faculty of Pedagogy and Fine Arts in Kalisz
NIMOZ – National Institute for Museums and Public Collections
Digital Heritage Center Sweden AB